Full-Spychalski Funeral Home, originated in 1892 when Joseph Frederick
Full and his son, George W. Full first opened the doors of the Full Memorial
in downtown Salem.
years later, in 1942, Louis J. Spychalski, Sr., opened the Spychalski Funeral
Home near Moody Square on North Street.
1954, Frederick W. and Joseph E. Full, George's sons and the third generation
of the family to operate the business, acquired the property that was the
former residence and office of the late Dr. Hardy Phippen, a well known
Salem physician. They moved the Full Memorial from its longtime location
on Church Street to the Phippen property and current facility at 84 Washington
Square East, overlooking Historic Salem Common. In 1957, Joe's son, David
A. Full joined the staff and became the fourth generation to serve in the
In 1974, Robert Spychalski joined his father in
the operation of the Spychalski Funeral Home, and in 1982, the Full and
Spychalski families merged the two businesses into one, the Full-Spychalski
the firm is still family owned and operated by Robert G. Spychalski, with
the same attention to detail as his father and the four generations of
the Full family before him.
goal is to offer a wide range of options in traditional burial and cremation
services. He and his staff make every effort to see that each funeral service
is meaningful for the family and friends of the deceased.
you for stopping by our site!